All talk, research and lamentations on the size and presents of poverty situation and degreea of marginalizations have not created avenues towards destroying this apparent hurdle of two worlds within a country. One cannot therefore wish away the economic deformities faced by this economy without dealing with the impendiments that block recognition and lock out the Informal Economy from joining the mainstream ZImbabwe.
The first stage of looking at this would be for one to respond to the following questions:-
- Does one choose to be informal?
- Does the informal Economy exist witout the assistance of formal systems?
- Is it more profitable to operate in the Informal Economy?
- Is the Infromal Economy and acceptable alternative?
- Is it possible to unilaterally transform the informal economy?
- Who benefits from an immense, poverty stricken and marginalized Informal Economy?